[Fwd: Re: postage stamps]

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: postage stamps]
From: Syd Saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 16:01:48 -0700
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 16:00:53 -0700
From: Syd Saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: postage stamps

Nory wrote:

> I believe the British car stamps were issued in the UK, but you should
> be able to get them at your local coin/stamp/collectible dealer (I just
> read an article about them recently).

> [Image] [Image]
> :-)--------Nory---------(-:
>
> [Image]
> [Image
> I always thought that my canine family tended to view me as the
> funny-looking two-legged dog who runs the can
> opener...............Roger Caras

The stamps issued in the UK are the set of 5 that feature the MGTD, TR3,
Morgan Plus 4, Jagxk120 and AH100.  They were issued October 10 1996 as a
British salute to the 100th anniversary of Sports Cars.  I purchased 3
sets of them and the First Day covers as well for my collection a year
ago.  These are not the stamps that feature the pre-war type cars like
the Austin7, Singer, etc.,etc that are on the stamps issued by those
island nations I mentioned earlier. If you contact any good stamp dealer
and tell them the Scott numbers previously mentioned, they will get them
for you.  Those numbers cover more than 96 cars of interest.

TTFN
TCSYD