Re: SU Carbs

To: "Mike" <mikemurphy@iw1.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 19:30:47 -0400
I don't have my SU manual in front of me, but there's an easy way to tell.
What is the diameter of the outlet hole?  1 1/2 is standard.  Is the float
chamber internal (HIF=horizontal integrated float) or external (HS)?

The determining factor of whether or not you'll be able to use this setup
is if the manifold fits.  Unfortunately, unless you have one to compare
with (or you've seen a lot of 'em), the only way to be sure is to try it.

-------
Regards,

-------
1972 MGB Roadster - King of the Rolling Restoration

> From: Mike <mikemurphy@iw1.net>
> To: 'MG List' <mgs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: SU Carbs
> Date: Monday, July 21, 1997 6:36 PM
>
> I found two free SU carbs, linkages, inlet manifold, etc..  However I am
unable to determine if I can use them on my '78 B.