Re: SU Carbs

To: mikemurphy@iw1.net
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:15:33 EDT
On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:36:27 -0400 Mike <mikemurphy@iw1.net> writes:
>I found two free SU carbs, linkages, inlet manifold, etc..  However I
>am unable to determine if I can use them on my '78 B.
>
>The only markings I can find are as follows:
>       AUC 8114 on the cap & damper
>       AUC 871 on the carb body to the inlet manifold
>       PDC 3 on the carb body inlet filter side
>       AUD549R on a tag on the float chamber
>
>Does anyone know what style these SU's are and can I use them on the
>B?
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike
>'78 B
>'66 Midget in restoration
Mike,
  The carb you have (AUD549R) is the rear carb for a 72-74 Midget. It is
the 1-1/4 verson (HS-2) and would be too small for the B.

  On SU carbs, the AUD***x number on the metal tag attached to the float
bowl identifies the carb and it's particular orientation (if needed).
"x" = F(ront),R)ear, L(eft), R(ight) {yes, that's two R's, but apparently
rear and right carbs where the same}, or C(enter).
  The other numbers are SU part numbers for the particular parts of the
carbs (Ie. damper, body, etc)

Hope this helps
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT