Re: Timing causing overheating?

To: ewsinc@blazenet.net (charliebaldwin)
Subject: Re: Timing causing overheating?
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:24:04 -0400 (EDT)

<< Nope, I don't think so. I changed the subject line of this thread.
 Perhaps we can get some scientific explanations as to why retarded
 timing would contribute to the engine running hotter.

 Charlie >>

I'd like to hear some testimonials as far as what temperature others cars are
reading at certain outdoor temperatures and what type of driving.  Yesterday
I took a trip to Howe, Indiana to participate in the Tea At The Vicarage
Rally, and my car was running at around 210 degrees F.  The outdoor
temperature was around 85 to 90 degrees.  The day before, I flushed my
radiator but that didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.  Next I
guess I'll put in a cooler thermostat.  My engine has about 500 miles since a
complete rebuild so it may be running a little hotter due to break-in.  Maybe
I need to change my timing??  Add an electric fan??

Scott