Seat Belt Warning/interlock

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Seat Belt Warning/interlock
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:33:27 -0500 (EST)
I unfortunately have a 74 B that has the sensors under the seats and the
buzzer, so I guess it has the ignition interlock for the seat belts.

I was not aware of such an animal. I am in the process of installing the dash
and interior so now is the time to deal with this problem.

What do I have to do to disable.

The PO started to rip out the wiring and I finished the demolition 5 years ago
when I got the car.  Tracking down all the electronic (if you can call Lucas
equipment electronic) gadgets and tracing wires has been a challenge. The PO
marked nothing that he "tore out".  I thought I was doing a good job of marking
what I removed, but 5 years later I realize I could have done much better. I
seem to have all  kinds of extra wires with no place to go and little gizmos
with terminals on without a clue as to what they are.

Because of the above detailed specifics on the seat belt interlock ( wire color
s, etc) and what to do to disable would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.