Re: SB42 / 'Bs for sale?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SB42 / 'Bs for sale?
From: mil76@juno.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:16:44 EDT
On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:33:20 +0200 smatthew@compass-da.com (Simon
Matthews) writes:
>I expect to move to CA in about 4 weeks time, so:
>
>Since I sold my last 'B (it was in the wrong country), does anyone
>know of any
>'Bs for sale -- must be in healthy running condition -- does not need
>to be
>perfect, but only minor work required.
>
>Year: depends on SB42 -- if this has passed, then I am looking for a
>car that
>will be 25 years old before next emission test, otherwise, I think I
>am looking
>for a '66 or earlier??
>
>Many thanks,
>      Simon

        There was a 67 restored BRG MGB in the LA Times this week for
$5500.  I don't know any other details about it.  I wouldn't hold my
breath on SB42, buy a pre 67 or make sure the car has all of its original
emissions equipment.  Also, don't buy a car from out of state to bring
here, as CA will nail you with a $300 non-California emissions fee when
you go to register it.  I brought a Pathfinder and Geo here from Colorado
last year and by the time I had both cars registered my wallet was
lighter to the tune of $1200.