sprak plugs "fouling out".

To: MGs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: sprak plugs "fouling out".
From: "James W. Dunn" <104610.3053@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:52:57 -0400
Hello,

     I have a problem wtih my 52 MGTD with the spark plugs =

 "fouling out".  I can't seem to get more than 80 miles on a new
 set of plugs.  When i remove the plugs they are coated with a fluffy
 black coating, so I put in a new set and the car runs great for =

 another 80 miles or so and then they have to be changed again,
    The engine was overhauled about a year and a half ago with
 many new parts.  The car has just been tuned including points,
 condenser, rotor and dist cap, also the valves were adjusted, the
 timeing set and the carbs adjusted.  I checked the compression
and all the cylinders were within normal limits for this engine.  The
engine doesn't seem to use much oil and I haven't noticed any black
smoke coming for the exhasut pipe.  I use champion L82C spark
plugs set at .025 and even tried .035 with same results.
    Any help greatly appreciated as I'm tired of changing sparks plugs.

 Thanks,
 Jim Dunn
 52 MGTD
 Birmingham, Alabama