Stick shift school

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stick shift school
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:11:39 -0400
Well, I finally did it.  I took Theresa, (my wife) out to teach her how
to drive the B.

Beleive it or not, we didn't have one single fight.  While she did
fairly well for someone who's never really driven a clutch before, I did
a SUPER job of not "losing it".  I smiled the entire time, and never
once let her see of feel my horror.

What a feeling of accomplishment!  No.  Not her.  ME!  Do you have any
idea what it takes to sit there, smile, and keep  saying "Good job,
hon", (with an ever increasingly bad case of whiplash)?

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA what it takes to keep repeating the phrase "Clutch
in, shift gear, litlle gas, clutch out S L O W L Y", over and over and
over and over....  It's not hard to say.  It's just hard to keep from
saying it through your teeth!

BTW - I discovered a couple of things in the prossess.  The head rest is
much further back than I thought, and the windscreen in much closer.

B o   b  b   y      8-()
77 MGB Roadster  < with the garage doors barracaded from the inside
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *