Re:shamed admission

To: Mowog1@aol.com
Subject: Re:shamed admission
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 18:02:06 EDT
I had a good weekend one way and another, the GT interior is  f i n a l l
y   finished with everything reinstalled except the crappy under-dash
liners i mistakenly purchased earlier this year (they really are pure
shite fo fifty bucks!) The CD player is a terrific addition and now after
a bit more  cleaning this one will be the beat one ive ever had (of
course now i need new bumpers but thats for a little later)
Apart from my saturday experience related earlier i also got to spend my
sunday working on an lbc as well - and here comes the admission.......
My good friend and colleague is getting married on Aug2 and wants to
"drive-off" in his 78 spit**re. He bought it about a year ago and had
done little other than drive it since. He enlisted the services of my 13
yrold son to detail it for him. A fee was agreed upon and the lad started
the job last friday - problem - this car has not been cleaned properly
since the day it was built in 1978 - it was a sort of reddish brown,
horribly oxidised though the paint is original - the problem was that no
amount of hand-glaze would buff it out, turns out that 13 year old
muscles  cant quite put enough into it. The boy was worried - he takes
this kind of thing personally so i (mistakenly) said id give him a hand.
We started at 8am sunday and ten hours and two bottles of 3M
rubbing/waxing compound later the job was finished - wow - ive not been
so tired in a while but the upside is that the car is actually RED and
looks superb - i told my friend today that the price was now MY hourly
rate and $26 for materials but he said he'd rather buy a house.
It did however further solidify my sons love of convertibles - we're
breeding 'em here in Connecticut!!!!!!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster