Re: turn signals don't cancel

To: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Subject: Re: turn signals don't cancel
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:14:34 -0500
John Steczkowski wrote:

> '75 MGB.
>
> My MGB has one more irritating problem, the turn signals don't self
> cancel. They do occasionally when I'm pulling out of a parking lot or
> something (read sharp turn). Is this an easy problem to solve, or do I
> live with it?

John -
        It could be a couple of things.  The mechanism may be damaged, or it
could be that someone removed the wheel and got the canceling mechanism
mis-aligned with the tab on the underside of the wheel.  With the car
parked, turn the wheel 180 degrees (upside down), then engage the turn
signal, and turn the wheel.  If it cancels then, you need to remove the
wheel.  You'll see the rotating inner part of the turn signal - a little
inspection will show you what position it needs to be in for the wheel
to cause it to cancel.  Sounds like this may be the problem, since it
does cancel from the real sharp turn you describe.

Good Luck!
--
Keep on keepin' on!
(non illegitimus carborundus)