Re: 948 Engine Swap

To: MG Mavens <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 948 Engine Swap
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:13:06 -0700
At 05:14 PM 7/28/97 -0500, Matt Liggett wrote:

>Even if in better shape, the 948 from the Morris will probably be
>slower.  It probably has a milder cam, lower compression, etc.  Maybe
>this is completely out of your budget, but have you considered a used
>or rebuilt 1275?

well converting to a 1275 is rathouer out of my budget, especially as I'd
be looking at a lot of additional parts, carbs especially.    I'm not going
to dispose of the original engine, but I'd rather be able to rebuild it
over time and keep the Midget on the road while doing so... even if it
looks like hell right now it;'s still a joy to drive.

Another thought on the 1275, is that I'm not sure I'd want the extra horses
without better brakes... after all I've only got drums up front, so tack on
a disc brake conversion, it just adds up a bit too fast for my budget.

Thanks for the responses,

Greg

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats