Re: Best Vendor?

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Best Vendor?
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:04:18 -0400
At 12:22 PM 7/30/97 -0400, Jason F. Dutt wrote:
>Okay, here's a tough question to answer.  In fact, there may not be an
>answer, but...
>
>I'm going to be spending a load of dough somewhere on a full restoration of
>my 72 MGB Roadster.  What I'd like to know is, as far as price, service,
>availability of parts from body panels to little chrome bezels for my dash
>instruments, and quality of the parts, who is the best overall?  The reason
>I open this can is I'd like to avoid (as much as possible) ordering parts
>from all over the place, in order to avoid excessive shipping charges, and
>confusion.

My experience:
Moss - quick service; have most things in stock; expensive at times; some
parts are cheap knockoffs from Taiwan;  Overall: very good
Brit-Tek - knowlegdeable people; prices competitive considering specialized
parts selection; slow shipping(only on one package, took them over two
weeks for them to get a package to me)
Proper MG - very low prices; some items are cheap in quality; you can get
good deals on some items, which are not subject to variations in quality

at British Parts Connection since he carries Moss parts and they are the
best quality in my opinion;  Quality matters cause the extra bucks you pay
for it will usually save you lots on time, hassle, and happiness

Imagine getting cheap part from Vendor A and having to spend a weekend
getting it to fit properly

My basis for all this ranting: Moss - They have well over $2000 of my hard
earned dough: Proper MG has about $750 of my money
and Brit-Tek has about $500 of my money; hopefully that engine kit will add
that pep to my engine

Jay