Re: No key, no go....

To: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Subject: Re: No key, no go....
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:23:25 -0400
Kelvin Dodd wrote:

> Key Lock Code
>
>         Check the operating tab on the inside of the trunk lock assy.
> It is the piece that is held in place by a small bolt and rotates to
> lock the mechanism.  On the MGB there will be a 3 digit key code for the
> trunk and door keys.  My 73BGT had the code there so I know it is not
> an old wive's tale.

No shit!  Well wadaya know!   :)   I went and took a peek and sure
enough.  There it was.  :)))))

> E-mail me with the code.  I have a key cutting
> machine and may be able to make you a replacement.  No promises, I only
> have partial listings of the key codes. (Anyone out there have a
> complete book, I'd love a copy).

I have enough paper work to rebuild a small tree.  How much do you want?
I have a service manual with about 20 pages on British car locks,
pictures and all.  I also have codes.  Lots n lots of codes. :)  If you
ever need help with a code, depths and spacing, etc., just ask.

Bobby
77 MGB Roadster

--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *