TD vapor lock?

To: Roger Wilt <rdwilt@pol.net>
Subject: TD vapor lock?
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:32:01 -0700
Roger:

Last spring I asked that same question here and was told that I had an
intermittent
short in my coil.  I changed it and the problem was solved!

Mark Sherman
'53 TD (supercharged)

From: Roger Wilt <rdwilt@pol.net>

Our Ohio weather has been a bit on the hot side recently (>90!) and I
've started to notice my '51 TD's missing pretty badly after 20 minutes
on the road.  It's never a problem when the outside temp is <80
degrees. It's now 800 miles into it's rebuild. My mechanic suggested
vapor lock but a friend thought it sounded like coil overheating.
Question #1-- What aare the symptoms of a dying coil and could this be
it?