Re: TD points

To: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD points
From: syd saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 13:18:06 -0500 (CDT)
At 01:04 PM 8/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>The points on my TD won't stay where I set them. All screws are tight
>and I drive for a short distance and all is well. I go to start the car
>again and the points need adjusting. Any solutions to this situation?
>This has never happened before. The points are well bedded in and only
>2000 miles on them.
>
>Steve
>52 TD

Steve, is the whole points unit moving on the base plate?  If not then check
that you have lubricated the shaft (lobes) of the distributor where the
fiber block rubs against it.  I have seen where the dry or sometimes rough
shaft will wear down the fiber block resulting in closed gap of the points.
When you readjust the points are you always finding them needing to be
opened further?  Just a thought.
TTFN
SYD