Re: Was:UPS/has now moved on to used parts prices

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Was:UPS/has now moved on to used parts prices
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:25:03 -0400
<<snip>>

> I bought a Peep Boys Lucas Rebuilt Alternator and immediatly killed two
> batteries. One on the road for vaca. I suspect that the rebuild was wired
> wrong and shorted out the batteries. On the other hand it came with the
> fan and pulley and it may have been just my bad luck to get a bad alt. Be
> carefull when buying from "not the usual" sources.
> >
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget

Whoa! This sounds familiar!  I was listening to "Cartalk" on public
radio the other day and these guys had a fellow on who said the samw
thing about a Peep boys starter.

Is this coincidence or do these guys just sell crappy remanufacture
parts?

Hey David--does that parts car have a working smog pump?

Michael Ohleger
'67 MGB
'70 MGB