Re: Blessed? [was Re: Hot Hot Hot]

To: StanFischer@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Blessed? [was Re: Hot Hot Hot]
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:33:51 -0500
At 09:20 PM 8/12/97 +0000, StanFischer wrote:

after

>Carol wrote:

>> With all the conversations about heat in the footwells, I'm wondering if
>> I'm just blessed...

>I have to second the hot MGA comment.  I've driven my '62 roadster
>regularly over the past 10 summers and have yet to notice excessive
>heat  in the footwell or any kind of overheating problem.  Seems to me
>that heat problems are most likely caused by some correctable deficiency
>in the cooling system, not by an inherent design flaw.  As mentioned in
>blow air away from the radiator instead of through it.

I need to mention that the car used to be hotter than blazes inside. When
Barney arrived in San Antonio to pick me up for Brit Run, we went to see
Darlin'.  Of course, the first thing any "real" MGA enthusiast says is:
pull the hood release. The second thing he said was: "Where's your heater
control valve?"  Where's what???!!!

Sure enough. Some fool decided the car didn't need the valve. We bypassed
the heater by relocating the hoses for the trip to GT22 in Grapevine. I
still need to get the valve and install it.

So, until 3 weeks ago, the footwells were hot because the heater was always
ON! :-(

(And it works well in the winter, too!)

Carol