More Fodder for the engine debate: was " New MGs..."

To: hert@worldaccess.nl
Subject: More Fodder for the engine debate: was " New MGs..."
From: Ryan Watson <rswatson@nyx.nyx.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:49:00 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 hert@worldaccess.nl wrote:
> Very true. Saab shows that a 4 cylinder can be as smooth and powerful as any
>6 cylinder car. In
> the hectic traffic in most European countries most small cars do fine. A
>rough guess would be
> that 95% have 4 cylinders and 65% have less than 100hp, but even these cruise
>around the
> average 75mph on the highways, with room for more. My 90hp 16-valve standard
>family estate
> work car (no, I won't tell) is fast when needed. "It's all in the mind, dude".

I just bought a Citroen 2CV with 602cc 2-cylinder engine with about 30hp
and about as aerodynamic as a brick.
I did a 1000+ mile interstate highway trip with no problems. It cruises at
about 68 mph (My '79 B doesn't go much faster than that)
Of course I haven't driven any mountain passes yet.....

Ryan
Boulder, CO