Auto Transport

To: galaxieclub@collector.org, Homebrew-Autos@bolis.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Auto Transport
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:28:38 -0700
I recently bought another project. Instead of doing my usual tow dolly
grind, I decided to be decadent and have it shipped.
The car is in NC, and I'm in FL, by the way.

I first went with Intercity Lines, Inc., on the advice of a Corvette
guy who ships his cars to shows with them. He couldn't say enough
about them. I called them on July 17th to set up the tranporting,
they said seven to ten days to get the car on the schedule, then
approx. a week after to actually pick the car up, and one to three
days on the road. Today(Aug. 14th) I called them, and the car hasn't
even been scheduled yet. They said Sept. at the earliest.
I've been playing phone tag with them throughout this process, lest
you all think I've just been waiting. I won't bore you all with the
full sob story, just bottom line, they FAILED!

I'm now going with VIP Transport, inc., who has guarenteed that I'll
get the car by the end of August. I went with them for the only
reasons that they're in NC, and said they make runs up and down the
coast every two or three days.

I had called Passport too, but they said at least two weeks to even
get the car scheduled.
In the beginning I called many places, and all were within $50 of
each other, so there's not much competition on price alone.
I'll update if and when VIP does the job.
-Aron-
"always in a automotive frenzy"