Re2: No oil in Filter?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re2: No oil in Filter?
From: "David E. Brown" <debrown@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 22:57:38 +0000
Hi Trevor,
I will cut it open, I guess, but I have never had that happen before,
and the car was only sitting about an hour before I removed the filter.
OTOH, I have never used that filter type before, and I guess it could
have some special valving...

O.K., you goaded me, I was gonna cut it open anyway, so I ran out to the
garage, and laid into it with the sawsall, and sure enough, full of nice
dirty oil.  I guess I like that feature, no mess when changing the
oil!(except for my vise, which looks like the Exon Valdez ran aground on
it)

Thanks for giving me giving me the kickstart!

Yours,
Dave