Oil Pressure

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: Wally Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com> (by way of Gregg Baker <gbaker@customcpu.com>)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 19:20:23 -0800
Anyone,
  When the sender goes bad does it ever give faulty readings or always or
always give no pressure reading?
Thanks,
Gregg Baker

A couple of weeks back I had related my saga on having no oil
pressure registering on the gauge.  I replaced the sender with another
and still nothing.  Last night I put a 100 PSI mechanical gauge in line
and it resgistered 75 PSI on start-up.  So it seems that I have a
defective sender (2 actually!).

   Is there anyone on the list who has a working sender and would like
to part with it for a reasonable price?  I have yet to scour the local
boneyards, but thought this might save me a bit of time.  Car is a '71
MGB but the sender from about any model should work.  Private E-mail
response is fine so as not to clog up the list.

   Thanks...Wally in Templeton, MA