Our Maine Event

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Our Maine Event
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:08:34 -0500 (CDT)
Thought another might have jumped in and told of the "Run for the
Lobster" we did this past weekend. If I can not get anybody else to pat
me on the back I guess I'll have to do it myself.
    Had a great time with 1 CT and 5 Long Island cars making the drive
on Saturday. Very nice group and a great ride up w/ one wire wheel flat
being the only problem. Hooked up with a few locals in Maine for dinner
and lots of laughs. Got a guided tour of the York, Maine beach and
inland areas on Sunday morning lead by Don Lippoth of the New England
MG Car Club in his magnificant Birch Grey MGF.  Ate lots of lobster
Sunday afternoon with 102 other MG enthusiasts. Mike and Joan  of CT
and this list cut out a little earlier than the 5 L.I. cars. We took
our time getting to New London, CT and caught a 9 P.M. Ferry to Orient
Point, New York. While waiting to board the ferry I was upping my hood
(putting up the top) when my fellow traveler's began questioning why. I
told them it was going to rain and they all balked at me. Once we were
safely across and on the famous Long Island Expressway at 11 P.M. the
sky opened up and I was laughing very hard. I think they'll listen a
little more carefully next time. All in all was a splended weekend.
I'll be at Vanderbilt Concours next week and down in Maryland for MGs
On the Rocks next month (27th). For you East Coasters remember to check
my events web page for stuff in your area.
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html

Safety Fast, David Deutsch