It's all about soul (was: Re:Opinion on new MG)

To: car@texas.net, pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: It's all about soul (was: Re:Opinion on new MG)
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:35:39 -0400 (EDT)
In my laboratories, I feel that I have defined exactly what causes a car to
have "soul."  A car must NOT be factory to have soul.  This non-factory
modification must be done when something burns up or goes bad, and you decide
to replace it, re-route it, or remove it.  For example, my '86 Plymouth was
great for soul.  The wiring was jury-rigged by the DPO after he caught it on
fire.  It had a remote starter-disable switch because that wiring was
destroyed and was never replaced correctly.  The computer was removed, and at
least once a week, one of my gauges went totally crazy.

My S-10, on the other hand, is a machine.  It's great for getting from point
A to point B, but it also lacks soul. Never once did my gas gauge act like it
was convulsing.  I don't have to hit a switch to make it start.  It just
goes, with absolutely no quirks.  I think that fuel injection has a little to
do with it also.

This ties in with the sentiment that Abingdon never made two cars exactly
alike.  So go figure.  I might be wrong, but you know what they say:
 "Ignorance is bliss, and so is free chocolate."  But I digress.
~Mike Lishego