Re: Mike Lishego's MG insurance question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mike Lishego's MG insurance question
From: Yumichow@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 22:18:26 +0000
>On the now-defunct insurance thread:  A tornado came through our area,
>destroying the obligatory mobile home or two.  What would happen if my
>uninsured, unregistered MGB was to be eaten by some natural disaster?
>It's
>not roadworthy yet, so insuring it is out.  Would my homeowners cover
>it?
> It's ina garage that I'm borrowing from a neighbor.  Would their
>insurance
>do anything about it?
>
>~Mike Lishego
>"She had to move.  Things were going to well."

Mike:
MG technical knowledge I don't have, therefore my daily e-mail tech sessions.
 I'm a Branch Claims Supervisor for Farmers Insurance handling both property
and liability claims.  This situation I've had the unfortunate experience of
handling and denying coverage on all too often.  Many homeowners policies are
the same, from company to company and state to state, as they DO NOT cover
ANY motorized  4 wheeled vehicle capable of being licensed and registered for
street use whether the car has auto insurance or not.  Basically, the intent of
the
homeowners policy is to solely cover a home.

My advise  to you is to get auto insurance for your MG, comprehensive AND
collision coverage, as you'll sleep better at night should a tornado choose
your
car as it's next lunch.  Call JC Taylor at 1-800-345-8290 as they're VERY
reasonable.  Moreso than Farmers, State Farm, Allstate, AAA, etc.  You have to
ask yourself if you can afford to replace your prize MG for less than the cost
of a
yearly auto insurance premium.  I think not.

Donald Tatera
(78 MG Midget, 79 MG Midget & 79 Triumph Spitfire - harvest mobile only)