Re: King Dick

To: syd saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: King Dick
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 07:41:31 -0400
>Following on to our conversation, the adjustable spanner I found in the
>antique store bearing the name "King Dick" is the very one photographed in
>the TC owners manual.  Now the question:  how many of the remainder of the
>TC tools from an original tool kit were labelled King Dick.  What other
>model MG's carried tools so-marked?   And finally, is this the name of the
>manufacturer, or a trade name for this line of tools, made by whom?  The
>only other marking on the spanner is the MADE IN ENGLAND raised lettering on
>the other side of the handle from the KING DICK marking.  Anyone have the
>whole skinny on these tools?

I have 2 MG TD jacks that are marked with the King Dick logo.  (they aren't
forsale).  And I also have MGB jack that is a King Dick.  The factory # for
the MGB King Dick jack is AHH6538.

I always thought that King Dick just mades jacks.  Oh Well...

KMR
Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)