Re: King Dick

To: tcsyd@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: King Dick
From: "Danko Roozemond" <Danko@dutcosi.ct.tudelft.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:29:42 +0100
In message <199708210542.AAA15903@dfw-ix13.ix.netcom.com> syd saperstein writes:
> Terry:
> Following on to our conversation, the adjustable spanner I found in the
> antique store bearing the name "King Dick" is the very one photographed in
> the TC owners manual.  Now the question:  how many of the remainder of the
> TC tools from an original tool kit were labelled King Dick.  What other
> model MG's carried tools so-marked?

And finally, is this the name of the
> manufacturer, or a trade name for this line of tools, made by whom?  The
> only other marking on the spanner is the MADE IN ENGLAND raised lettering on
> the other side of the handle from the KING DICK marking.  Anyone have the
> whole skinny on these tools?

well oll I know is that KING DICK is a manufacturer of old /and new tools. They
still exist today as I bought my withworth spanners from that brand in the UK.
(p.s. They also (re)manufacture these old tools for (*triumph*) owners as they
where coloured black. If you are in desperate need I will look into a cataloque
I have at home. (i'll be mailing you next week if you give me a reply)