Re: Interchangeable parts

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Interchangeable parts
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:56:27 +0000
Bud,
Chip has already contributed to my query with the TD steering problem
and Chip, correct me if I'm wrong, but someone mentioned that you felt
using a good modern day grease would work. From my experience cleaning
out the rack, all the grease was centered in the middle and didn't seem
to be flowing out to the most important inner ball joints. The 90
weight, with the rack properly filled, will keep the entire length of
the rack well lubricated. All the more important to be sure your rubber
gaiters are not torn and allowing dust and water in to corrupt ball
ends. Just my experience.

Cheers, and thanks for the info on the tie rods.
Dave Houser