Re: Coolant Around Spark Plug -Reply

To: ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Coolant Around Spark Plug -Reply
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:41:36 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-20 15:57:17 EDT, ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu (A. B.
Bonds) writes:

<<
 If the coolant is puddling around the spark plug, there is no way for
 it to get there from a head gasket leak unless you have discovered the
 lost lode of upsi-daisium.  Twist is referring to weeps down the side
 of the block, not puddling in the spark plug hole.  Sorry, you've got
 a cracked head.

                        A. B. Bonds

Guys,
This has worked for me in the past (and is cheaper than a head): K&W
Blockseal.
I caustion you to follow the directions EXACTLY, and make sure that the
heater is disconnected, but I had an 'A' that ran for 8 years with a small
crack like the one refered to, and when I sold it, the buyer left it alone.
 As far as I know, it's still cruising.  Perhaps not concours, but a
functional fix.
Regards, Ray