Re: Quick MGA question...

To: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Subject: Re: Quick MGA question...
From: StanFischer <StanFischer@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 19:31:07 +0000
Wizzrd1001@aol.com wrote:

> Were there ever many "GT" MGA's? I mean, the only ons I've ever seen were all
> convertible, I've never seen a hard top MGA until I was at al ocal junkyard,
> and there was an MGA, not sure what year, but, it had a hard top on it, and
> it was not removeable, were these common and I'm just not seeing any??
> Thanks!!
>                                                                          Ian
> Wisbon (Wiz)
>                                                                           74
> 1/2 BGT
Ian,  What you saw is an MGA Coupe and no, they are not very common.
About 10% of all MGAs produced were Coupes. Two years ago John Twist was
able to assemble a total of 32 of them in Grand Rapids, Michigan for
his  annual summer party.  A small but growing band of MGA fanatics are
restoring these uncommon cars whenever possible, usually to keep them
from meeting the fate of the one you saw.

        Stan Fischer        '58 and '59 MGA Coupes