Re: Jap=Ripoff?

To: MG Mavens <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Jap=Ripoff?
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: 22 Aug 1997 09:06:39 -0500
jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates) writes:
> Your message below about the Yugo is totally and 100% incorrect!
> The Yugo was a direct rip off of a lousy Fiat that had failed in all
> markets several years before 1980 (when the Yugo was introduced).  I
> believe Yugo even bought the plans and rights on it, but I would
> have to check a lot of things to be sure of that.

Yes, the Yugo was a license-built Fiat.  The materials selected were
very poor.  Anyway, engine parts, wheels, etc. from Fiat do fit.  I
had 2 Yugos and I'm not afraid to admit it!

--
:      Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>      :           1960 Mini          :
:        Hacker, Telecommuter, Car Nut        :        1970 MG Midget        :