RE: head gasket question

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: head gasket question
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:12:00 -0700 (PDT)
I generally like to use just the gasket. If you have problems getting a good
seal the proper thing to use for a head gasket would be the copper spray
sealant. It is horrible sticky gooey crap that you spray onto the gaskey and
let dry a little before assembly. It has copper particles in it which are
supposed to help conduct heat more evenly. I know one MG mechanic that
always uses it. My brother in law used it on his Ninja 1000 bike head gasket
on the recommendation of a machine shop owner that races the bikes. They
usually use two coats. Remove any strings of sealant that bridge oil or
water ports before assembly.

Chris Reichle