Hoopty?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hoopty?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 03:08:22 +0000
> Really, Patrick, what do you think the odds are of ANYONE being
> ignored on this list?  This has to be the KING of all lists for
> off-topic posts, and no one has let them slide yet.  I doubt someone
> would be politely ignored if he started talking about some N*gg**r's
> '63 Impala Hoopty here.
> Scott
> Scott Gardner
> gardner@lwcomm.com
> www.lwcomm.com/~gardner

> I'm deeply offended. I once had a '63 Impala and it was a great car.

No offense to your car, but "an Impala alone does not a "Hoopty"
make".  Did it have a $3000 stereo that sounded like someone pounding
on a wet cereal box?  Did it have a dozen batteries in the trunk to
operate the hydraulic "hopping" suspension?  How about a fake
convertible top and a three-tone metallic paint job?  Can't forget
the gold-plated wire Dayton wheels with the 50-series tires.  If this
does describe you car, then my apologies, and my assurance that it's
your car, and your taste, no one else has a right to rag you about
it. ;)
Scott