Re: Locktite on con rod nuts?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Locktite on con rod nuts?
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 11:44:25 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 23 Aug 1997 ONEMGB@aol.com wrote:

> John don't use locktight on your rod bolts or main caps the only thing
> you should use on these are oil or antisze coumpound. locktight will
> make your torque readings off causing rod bolt stretch.

That could be true only if the Loctite reduces friction in the threads
considerably more than oil or anti-sieze compound, which is unlikely.
I've been using Loctite on conrod bolts (and on neary all other engine
bolts & nuts)  for years with no adverse effects.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us