Re: TOB - LBC Caravan adventure, a synopsis and some musings

To: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: TOB - LBC Caravan adventure, a synopsis and some musings
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 97 15:00:59 -0400
Good story Dr. Doug. I am glad you got home safely. I have a fan and a
pulley for the same alternator, although I am not sure if the pulley will
work.
I have to agree that kudos to the LANCO MG club are in order (even if
they were the only ones to win any door prizes). About the trip to and
the meet itself I will add only that I enjoyed it as well. I'll follow up
with the tail of my cruise home.

When I pulled out of the parking lot was in the middle of a string of
about 7 LBC's. Two made an immediate left while the rest of us went
right. The crowd diminished rapidly until it was me followed by a blue
chrome bumpered B. We cruised along like that for most of the drive to
Philly. Fortunately there was a lot less traffic on the way home than in
the am en route. Finally, at a stop light I yelled back and asked where
they were headed, they replied "Lansdale" I said "Me Too", then the light
changed and off we went.

As we neared Valley Forge, I asked for some directions and they indicated
to go right, so off the ramp I went looking up in time too see them go
past. Oops. So I burned a "Uie" (sp) onto the other ramp and came up
behind them and followed them into Norristown. Not the same way we went,
Doug. At a stop light I pulled up next to them and made sure they were
indeed going my way and told them I needed that bane of the enthusiust's
existence - gas. They pulled into the station and we chatted for a few
and exchanged phone numbers. They commented that they hadn't seen the
Midget around town, and I explained it had only been on the road for a
little over a month and that it was out of town for 2 weeks so it hadn't
been likely to be seen. I didn't ask if they were on the list or not but
if they are they will know this story. I am going to give 'em a call and
see if we can arrange a cruise for the 3 day weekend coming up.

Any way I got my 6 gal of gas and got the old "is that all it holds"
comment and was off on the last 13 miles of the trip. Got home and the SO
(my other midget) had the grill going for some chicken and there ya go
"and they lived happily ever after".

Dr. Doug is a great guy and his daughter is quite adorable.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

ps. I got the chance to test the brakes again on the way home as some
non-LBC pulled out in front of me. We promptly passed them.

pps. I have one more section on the Skyline drive story and have gotten
my photos and have begun scanning them. You will all see both in the next
week or so.