Re: TOB - LBC Caravan adventure, a synopsis and some musings

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: TOB - LBC Caravan adventure, a synopsis and some musings
From: ewsinc@blazenet.net (Charlie Baldwin)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 19:31:31 -0400
Larry Macy wrote:

> Good story Dr. Doug. I am glad you got home safely. I have a fan and a
> pulley for the same alternator, although I am not sure if the pulley will
> work.
> I have to agree that kudos to the LANCO MG club are in order (even if
> they were the only ones to win any door prizes). About the trip to and
> the meet itself I will add only that I enjoyed it as well. I'll follow up
> with the tail of my cruise home.

Larry, Doug, Kai and others,

Thanks for your kind comments about Taste of Britain. I gave out the
door prizes and didn't know most of the recipients, so they weren't
Lanco people. In fact, a good friend of mine did win one, but got an MG
T-shirt, an MG key fob and MG pen and he has a Healey! The only rigging
that went on was to try to match up items that were marque specific with
owners of that marque, however it went too quickly to do much of that.
An MGA owner did get the MGA print, but I have no idea who he was. A few
years ago we had someone trade a colortune that he won for a key fob
that someone else won - I think he was driving a Triumph.

Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you except Doug - things were pretty
hectic until we gave out the door prizes, then everybody left.

Hope to see you all next year when I won't be co-chair and can actually
check out the people and cars.

Charlie