Us and Them

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Us and Them
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 00:17:42 +0000
> To REALLY solve the worlds problems we first must
> 1) Blame someone besides ourselves, the blamee must include the word "they".
> As in "they're the ones who are causing the world to..........."
>>> SNIP>>>

> God am I annoying!
>
> "Midget" Susan

Susan,
        My favourite definition of "They"-- 'Them who are not Us."
This has the benefit of being liquid and flexible.  I'm sure that
some people I would consider to be 'us' in some matters, such as
economic issues or gun control, would fall squarely among the 'they'
on other topics, such as birth control or religion, for example.
This lets me sympathize with different people on different topics.
Scott
"Keep working!  Millions on welfare are counting on you!"
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner