Re: Japanese copying LBCs?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Japanese copying LBCs?
From: "William L. Singleton" <singleton@ccsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:17:38 -0400

>Almost certainly the Nissan/Datsun Sports Fairlady. Personally I think its
>supposed similarity in looks to the MGB is overstated, but it was peculiar
>since both came out in 62.

I actually did park the '77 B next to one Sunday at the Vanderbilt
Concourse.  I was actually struck by the similarity, which I didn't notice
back when the Datsun 1600 & 2000 first came out.  I remember the 1600 to be
an underpowered dog and the 2000 to be a lively performer.  My memories,
though, are those of a high school student who was more interested in
mid-50's Chevys, 'vettes and GTOs at the time.

  --Bill

Bill Singleton

'52 TD (hers, in pieces in the garage)
'77 MGB (ours, we needed something fun to drive)