Door speakers

To: RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu
Subject: Door speakers
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 23:05:29 +0000
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Subject: Speakers in doors and interior trim ?

I am installing a new interior in my 74 B.  would like to make
accomodations for adding speakers in the future.  Most of the speakers
I have seen have been in the doors.  Anything special I need to do in
running the wire to the door? The door swings wide from the body and
it seems to me there would be a lot of speaker wire that would be
exposed between the door and the body.  Any trouble with this wire
pinching, etc. ?

Ray,
        One way to keep the wires from bunching up too badly as you close
the door is to make sure that the hole in the door and the hole in
the car body aren't at the same height.  This will keep the loop of
wire that forms when you close the door from protruding into the
passenger compartment.  Also, grommet any holes you drill to keep the
freshly-cut holes from chafing the speaker wires.  Wrapping the wires
in electrical tape or running them through some kind of flexible
wiring loom will also sharpen the appearance, as well as protect
the wires.
Scott