Frank Zappa

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Frank Zappa
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 23:05:29 +0000
> I demand that we have automatic free entry to next years show!  Or a free
> pen :)
>
> And how the hell is Frank Zappa?
>
> KMR (yes I know who he is)

Kai,
        Yes, but can you name Frank Zappa's band?
        There's a very young airman out at base, and we're always ribbing
each other about the generational music gap (he's 17).  Anyway, he
asked me who wrote a particular song, and I told him Paul McCartney
wrote it with John Lennon while Paul was with the Beatles.  Seeing
the look of confusion on his face, I assured him "Yes, Paul WAS with
a band before 'Wings'!  He looked me straight in the eye and said "I
didn't know Paul McCartney was ever in a band AT ALL!"  Guess he
thought Paul was just a solo artist that got a late start.  Turns out
he didn't know Paul Simon, Steve Winwood, or Eric Clapton were ever
anything but solo artists, either...

Scott "Should I really feel this old at 27?" Gardner

(Currently perusing collection of 500 LPs, 300 cassettes, 100 CDs,
and 55 reel-to-reels, dreading moving it all to the next duty
station.)