Re: Slagging off the English

To: Philip <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>, Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>,
Subject: Re: Slagging off the English
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:55:53 -0400
At 10:15 PM 8/26/97 +0100, Philip wrote:
>>As an engineer myself, I admire Lucas's design ability.  It's easy to
>>design something that works all the time, or something that never works.
>>But it's really hard to design something that works only part of the time.
>>:-)
>
>But it DOES work in the UK, honest!! :-)
>
>Philip Raby
>Editor, MG World
>PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
>Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
>www.chp.ltd.uk

I've told this story before, but its true. My clock on the 54 TF never
worked, for all the years I had it. In 1990 we shipped the car to Britain
for the NEMGTRegister's COB. The first day out of Liverpool, I noticed the
clock hands had moved from the position they had for years. Unbelievable
but the clock was running. I set the time, and it ran the whole 23 days of
the event. On return to the U.S. the clock stopped, and hasn't run since.!

Mike Leckstein