Re: Fast MG's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, william.eastman@medtronic.com
Subject: Re: Fast MG's
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:20:04 -0500
At [Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:10:28 -0500]
Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com> wrote:

> Then someone will say that they can take a 30 mph corner
>at 90 in their (insert name of modern supercar here)

Actually, one of the reasons that I love to go home is that there is a
curve with a big "20mph" sign before it.  The Highway Department painted
a squiggly line in the middle of the lane to indicate that you should
slow down.

Not me.  I drop the 'B a gear, let the engine slow the car a bit, and
then blast out at around 55-65 mph.  The MGB never slides, drifts, chirps
its tires, or complains.  Just me aiming for the next curve with a huge smile
on my
face.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB