Re: Fast MG's

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fast MG's
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:42:52 -0700
At  5:10 PM 8/28/97 -0500, Bill Eastman wrote:
>Lindsay's remark about driving MG's fast got me thinking.  I seldom drive
>the MG that fast but the sensation of speed is definitely there.  I think
>that this is one of the endearing features of these old cars and, for me,
>the eternal quest is finding the perfect balance between the feeling of
>speed and useability on today's roads.

Bill,  I really think you've hit the nail on the head.  When I drove to
Seattle recently I took the MGBGT, even though I had two other family
sedans to choose from and was taking two ten-year old boys.  We were pretty
tightly packed, but the adventure of the whole thing was what I was looking
for.  We didn't drive that fast, but certainly enjoyed all the curvy roads
we found and even did OK on the interstate.  I wanted to take a trip in a
car that somehow smells right to me (even if it somehow does smell like old
oil and grease), and vibrates at speed in the appropriate manner.  It was a
really fun trip, and, in my opinion, the driving would have been merely
mundane and tiresome in one of the family sedans.  Even almost breaking
down wasn't that bad.  I still don't know for sure if I have a bad fuel
pump, but it got me home!               Nina