Stereo contacts in doorjamb.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stereo contacts in doorjamb.
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 21:29:40 +0000
> Matt,
> V/B sells those wireless connectors.  Maybe it's only because I'm an
> OF, but won't opening the door with the radio on and breaking the speaker
> circuit, damage the radio?
>
> Craig Brallier
> 75 B
> 76 B

Craig,
        When you open the door, you'll be presenting one side of the amp
with an infinite-impedance load, so it will consume no power from
that amp channel.  Theoretically, if you run the stereo for a long
period of time with one door open and the other shut, you COULD
damage the stereo, but I doubt it.  If it were a problem, stereo
manuals would warn against playing the radio for long periods of time
with the BALANCE knob all the way to one side, and I've never seen a
warning like that.
Scott