RE: 72 MGB what's it worth?? --Please Advise

To: "RON MILLIET" <milliet@telapex.com>, "RON MILLIET" <milliet@telapex.com>,
Subject: RE: 72 MGB what's it worth?? --Please Advise
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 97 14:08:30 UT
Ron, Ron, Ron

Reconsider!!!!  If this is your only MG you may regret its loss big time in a
few years.  I have more than a few friends who sold their "baby" because they
thought it was the right thing to do at the time (e.g., marriage, baby,
moving).  They all regret the loss and eventually compensated by buying
another car which, of course, is not like baby and for some, not even an MG.
One even divorced his wife over the resentment of being forced to sell the MG
(OK, there must have been other issues also but this one always made the
list!!).  Some pick up bad habits such as forgetting to wash for weeks and
picking their nose in public while still others develop various nervous
disorders such as tics, depression and early onset of mid-life crisis!!
Reconsider!!!!

You should be gathering reasons to keep the car not get rid of it. In other
words why look at the car as part of some problem when you should be looking
at it as part of some solution.  I'm sure others on the list will contribute
to this effort in earnest.  Here are a few reasons I can think of along with a
probability of truth index (aka POTI - pronounced potty) to help you
prioritize.  The POTI values are; 10%=low prob of ever becoming true; 50%,
moderate probability of becoming true; 100%=absolute certainty that it will
become true.

1. The MG is worthless in today's market but will dramatically increase in
value in about 5 years and is an investment for the child's college fund
contributing significantly to the overall cost of college (this gives you or
the SO enough time to get over the current hysteria). (POTI 100%)
2. MG ownership will keep those rather large female mammalian protrusions your
wife will develop around month 6 large and perfectly shaped indefinitely after
birth and after weaning (remember, no matter what, keep telling her this, er,
you may want to not mention the causal relationship to the MG).  (POTI 100%)
3. MG ownership will allow you to treat your SO to really romantic "just the
two of us" adventures when she is feeling fat, bloated and ugly around month 8
(this usually lasts until child reaches college age or so).  (POTI 100%) -
Hint: By a hard top to show her that you really mean business about her hair.

4. (This is for you Ron) - MG ownership prevents mid life crisis, mid rift
development and, my favorite, causes hair follicles to grow on top of your
head and not in your ears, nose or back.  (POTI 100%)
5. MG ownership tends to keep a husband (or wife if she's the MG nut) home
enjoying and fostering a loving home environment (POTI 100% -OK, so that's a
stretch but technically it's true because the garage is still considered part
of the home!!!!!)
6. The new owner will drive the car into the ground in six weeks and one day
while you're driving to work in your soulless Honda, you will see your baby
being carried off on the back of a semi - flattened, crushed and on its the
way to the scrap metal heap (probably to become a Nissan, toaster or some
other appliance). (POTI 100%)

OK Ron, here are a half dozen really good reasons to keep the MG.  I have seen
others make the mistake of getting rid of this prized possession and, in all
earnest, my counsel to you is to do you best to keep it.  In the end you, your
SO and offspring will be happier.

I'm certain others on the list have compelling reasons for you to keep your MG
as well!!!

Dr. Doug

Three 69 MGs at rest in my garage letting us (especially you Ron) know by
their presence that all is right with the world.

BTW, I'll give you $500 (provided you deliver) should you choose to ignore my
counsel.