Trevor, errors, and solutions...

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Trevor, errors, and solutions...
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 19:19:48 -0400
>  That's wonderful really, the internet is not just for
>geeks. But I think there are also a lot of users on this
>list that don't know list etiquette. They see all this
>Frank Zappa stuff and just assume that's the norm, and
>join in.

I gotta comment on the Frank Zappa garbage, because I mistakenly started
that thread.  I meant to type "WHO is Frank Zappa"  apparently I really
messed up the spelling of who and my spell checker thought it was HOW, thus
when I clicked Change  (not catching my error) it started this insane thread.

>  MJB is the list mom here, but he's fairly quiet. I suppose
>that is for the best, but on most lists the mom steps
>in and ends these threads.

That isn't my experience.  We have regular discussions about MGs, Porsches,
and Hummers on the Inet-Access email list (Internet Service Providers).  We
also have discussions about the status of Education, about Area 51, and
even about smoking at ISPCON (ISP Convention).  Still a great list, even if
1/2 the crap is junk...but it usually happens the same time this list goes
crazy, like now (Education, Area51 were today's topics).

And then just like this list, everyone argues about this crap...it gets
phased out and then pops back up in 6-8 weeks.  I see the same pattern with
this list, I wonder if the problem lies with me (I am on both lists)....nah!

The point being that the "mom" of Inet-Access doesn't say anything.
Although he has setup some filters that look for keywords to trash the
garbage about some topics.  This may be a good idea for this list,
automatically filter any message with a certain keyword to the email
dumping ground.

Cheers,

KMR

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)