Re: '66 MGB Value?

To: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Subject: Re: '66 MGB Value?
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 21:32:51 -0400
>       Why would that be a sin?  I'm not too tuned in on things
>theological but I did read the Bible once, mostly to see how things
>turned out.  I can, however, state categorically, and w/out fear of
>contradiction that MGs are not listed anywhere in it.  Vince, you may
>have to help me out here.

It is a sin, because my '66 would loose a relative...!

>       Continuing on here- a fellow named Costello did the very thing to
>a lot of MGs and they are sought after the world over.  Are you of the
>opinion that he is a sinner?

No Mr. Costello is not a sinner...at that time it is cool to do that.  But
I don't feel it is cool to do that to an MGB anymore unless you find an
engine/trans-less body shell or build on from a new body shell..then it is ok.

>       Finally, a fellow named Carroll Shelby did a similar thing w/ a
>humongous Ford engine and a LBC called an AC Ace.  The real Cobras, my
>uninformed acquaintance, are worth a ton of money and these cars were
>spurious, as well.  (Look it up)

I know what a Cobra is and I know how Shelby is...and if he had any brains
he would have used a Chevy engine!  (hehe, my opinion).  Same goes for the
Sunbeam Tiger although that is a tried and true production car...isn't the
Cobra also?  Didn't Shelby buy empty shells and then build it....or did he
gut each car and then build it?  I think he opted for empty shells.

>       In closing, I summarily agree w/ your right to assess any
>monetary value you deem appropriate.  After all, we all know what
>opinions are like, don't we?  Some even have computers.  I do question
>your theological assessment of my values and my life in the hereafter.
>BTW, aren't you the lad that thought a 4WD  MG would be neat?

Exactly I thought a 4WD MG would be exactly that "neat" I would never want
to see it done unless to a scrap shell or a new body shell.  Sorry I am
almost a full fledged purist...but I have no qualms about gutting rubber
bumper MGBs ;-)

>Larry Dickstein
>bugide@juno.com

Kai