Re: MGA Interiors

To: MIKE HIRSCHMAN <MHIRSCH1@FAIRVIEW.ORG>
Subject: Re: MGA Interiors
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
At 09:23 AM 9/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Any recommendations for a source for MGA interiors.  Which vendor
>sells the highest quality, best color selection etc.  What's your
>experience and opinioin.
>Thanks
>Mike Hirschman
>1961  MGA Coupe

I had new  carpets that came with the car.  I think they are Moss.  I bought
my wooden seat bottoms from CSR (215-348-0595)and assembled them myself.
For the difference in price and the hassle, (it took all day Saturday.)I
would now buy them assembled.  I took the seats to a upholstery shop and had
a black leather grained vinyl and an "ox blood" red piping applied to the
seats as they came from the factory.  I felt the piping should not be as
bright a red as the car.  They are beautiful. The upholstery price was
$225.00 for both seats and the armrest. I bought black vinyl from one of the
cloth shops around here and using a hair dryer and contact cement, I covered
the rails.  The door panels came with the car and were made by AMCO.  I hope
this helps.

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
donmathis@lucent.com
'61 MGA