Re: Dieseling??

To: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dieseling??
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 09:03:38 EDT
This happens to our 72 occasionally, on a hot day.  Dieseling is not
considered a "good thing," so we make sure the car is in 1st gear at
shut-down. If it diesels, just ease out the clutch and stall the engine.
I tried 89 octane for a tank, but the engine didn't run any better
(perhaps worse) so never tried it again. I do use ReLead, since a DPO may
or may not have reworked the head.
Bob