Re: Rubber Bushing Lub

To: borisri@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Bushing Lub
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 09:03:38 EDT
Hi Richard,
 The bushings don't need any lubricant, though it may be a help when you
are installing them to wet them with ArmorAll or soapy water.
 As to the bolts, they can be real buggers to remove. Sawing is often the
easiest way to get the damn things out. Many owners will put a dab of
anti-seize compound on the threads of the bolts before turning on the
nut. It's a good idea to distort a thread slightly with a prick punch,
just in case the nuts come loose.
Bob