Re: Mother Teresa/Princess Diana

To: SHedman123@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mother Teresa/Princess Diana
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 14:52:49 -0700
SHedman123@aol.com wrote:

> Probably the wrong place to post this:
> Mother Teresa has just passed away.
> Many of the remarks that have been said about the late Princess of Wales can
> be applied to Mother Teresa. Without getting maudlin, we have just lost 2 of
> the greatest humanitarians of our time; people who, at first glance, have
> live vastly different lives but were driven by the same inner desire. I
> believe that they were far more alike than different. The world is much
> poorer because of the events of this past week. But yet they both have left
> us with their ideas and thoughts. Maybe there is a lesson there.
> Many people have so kindly written to me saying how much they have enjoyed my
> postings and humour. To them I say thank you and please forgive and indulge
> me on this posting. I just kind of had to say it. It really hasn't been a
> good week.
> Thanks for listening
>
> Susan Hedman   aka  "Midget" Susan

This may be remembered as one of the darkest weeks in modern history.  My
deepest
feelings go out to anyone in England, since you were directly affected by
Princess
Diana's passing.  Our world will never be the same after this tragedy, yet we
should
be thankful that we were blessed with their presence as long as we have.  As
Longfellow said, "The air is full of farewells to the dying, and mournings for
the
dead."  The air is much heavier today.
--
Michael S. Lishego